“WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT FLYING A PC-12 IS THAT I GET TO SEE PLACES MOST PEOPLE CAN’T REACH,” notes Adam Walsh, a 5-year veteran pilot serving in the PlaneSense fractional program. “Take Nemacolin, for instance. It’s a wonderful, luxury resort that you can best reach by plane, and its private airport with 3,900 foot runway means we can land our aircraft when most others can’t – year round. We land, resort staff meets our guests at the plane, and then helps them get to where they need to go.”
Set on 2,000 wooded acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is a little hidden gem for golf, fly fishing, hunting, mountain biking, off-road driving, and wildlife. While it may come as a surprise, Nemacolin is also known for offering some of the best spa treatments in the country according to the Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers Choice Awards. And, as one of only 21 hotels and resorts in the world to receive AAA’s Five- Diamond rating for lodging and dining, it offers many overnight options, including luxurious guest rooms, suites, townhouses, and private luxury homes. More detail is available at www.nemacolin.com.
“We pack our guests’ gear in the PC-12 which is made very easy given our oversized cargo door and spacious cabin, drop them exactly where they want to go, and watch them head straight to the outdoors, sometimes even with their pets.”
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort offers a long list of activities for adults and kids of every age including:
• 36 holes of championship golf: Mystic Rock, a Par 72, 7,526-yard course with top honors from Golf Magazine and Golf Digest, and The Links, a challenging Par 70, 6,658-yard course of Scottish design for serious and novice golfers
• Internationally acclaimed Woodlands Spa, rated the #10 Resort Spa in North America and the #4 “Top Spas for Treatment” in Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers Choice Awards in 2008
• The Shooting Academy – one of the nation’s top sporting clays facilities, a 140-acre complex featuring 35 sporting clay stations spread across three courses, towers and a five stand pavilion with an integrated Wobble Trap Field
• The Orvis® Endorsed Fly Fishing Center and Expedition for some of the finest fly fishing streams and creeks in the Eastern United States
• Mystic Mountain – an ideal learning environment for first-time skiers with 25 acres of fun, short lines, friendly trails and experienced instructors
• The Adventure Center - hub of outdoor activity, adventure and recreation for the whole family including mountain biking, zip-lining, climbing wall, paint ball, mini golf, and off-road driving
Note: This article is displaying as it appeared in Volume 01 of our PlaneSense: Informational Quarterly newsletter.
Photo courtesy of Josh Rogers & Adam Walsh
Click here to return to the index of articles.