The PC-12 cockpit features state-of-the-art Honeywell avionics. There are two Primary Flight Displays (PFD) and two Multi-Functional Displays (MFD) that allow pilots maximum control over engine monitoring, pressurization and environmental controls. The displays also provide optimum viewing area while in flight. The interior of the cockpit was designed by BMW, paying special attention to the aesthetic and ergonomic appeal of the aircraft’s powerhouse. Below you will find a diagram of the PC-12 NG cockpit, pointing out a few of its many components.
1. Primary Flight Display: Provides each pilot their pitch, bank angle, yaw, airspeed, angle of attack, altitude, heading, engine instruments and selected communications and navigation radios for flight.
2. Automatic Flight Control System: Allows the pilot to engage the autopilot in various modes of flight such as lateral and vertical navigation.
3. Audio Panel: Each pilot can select which communication and navigation radios will be used for transmission and reception.
4. Multi-Function Display: Pilots can customize several displays to support different phases of flight.
5. Crew Alerting System: Alerts the pilots to any systems requiring their attention.
6. Multi-Function Controller: Provides either pilot the ability to select any screen and update data from a central keypad.