Assistant General Counsel
PlaneSense, Inc. Seeks an Assistant General Counsel for Portsmouth, NH Headquarters
PlaneSense, Inc. and its affiliated companies located in Portsmouth, NH provide exceptional customer-centric aviation solutions in the dynamic general aircraft maintenance, management and flight services industry sector, most particularly through its PlaneSense® aircraft fractional ownership program. With more than 500 employees, these services are provided to customers throughout the United States, providing air transportation solutions throughout the northern hemisphere and Central America.
This position reports to the General Counsel and works closely with multiple departments to carry out and oversee sales transactional and contract processes, as well as working on various legal matters for the employer and its affiliates.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, set priorities and manage multiple asset purchase/sale transactions to closing in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment; and be a service minded, creative problem solver with an ability to work with multiple internal and external constituencies.
The duties of this attorney will include, among other things, to:
- Work with prospective Customers and their advisors by both written and oral communications to explain/negotiate the standard program agreements and letter agreements; and analyze the Customer’s proposed ownership structure and stated use of the program aircraft for compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations and with other applicable laws and regulations.
- Work directly with the Sales and Marketing Team, and with Customer Account Managers to bring transactions to closing; collaborate on customer and program services and related documents; and to plan aircraft share sales strategies.
- Assist in the identification, development and implementation of new or modified contract policy and processes that bring value to the company and to the Customers.
- Draft and review modifications of the program agreements and marketing materials.
- Participate in OSHA documentation, plan development and compliance.
- Coordinate with the Human resources Department and outside counsel, when necessary, on employment matters.
- Assist General Counsel on corporate governance and miscellaneous other matters.
- Serve as corporate Secretary.
Applicant must have experience with asset purchase, sale and leasing transactions. Although aviation transaction experience is not required for this position, it is preferred.
The following minimum qualifications are required of all applicants:
- Candidates must have a J.D. or L.L.B. degree from an ABA-approved law school, and be a member of the Bar in a state of the United States.
- Minimum of 2 years of transactional experience as an attorney.
- Working familiarity with business entity formation structure (corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and trusts).
- Ability to draft and modify complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Ability and willingness to work on a variety of legal and administrative matters.
- Ability to reside, enter and re-enter the United States, and work in the United States; and willingness to work at the corporate headquarters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Professional presentation, with good leadership and team-building skills, and a customer service attitude.
- Strong academic credentials with excellent oral and written communication skills.
As the office location is on a secure airport, any offer of employment will be conditioned upon successfully completing pre-employment, background, credit, reference and threat assessment checks.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, age, disability or genetics or any other basis covered by applicable law. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.