Aviation Transactional and Regulatory Attorney
PlaneSense, Inc. is seeking an experienced Aviation Transactional and Regulatory Attorney to join its Legal Department.
PlaneSense, Inc. with its affiliate companies provide aircraft fractional ownership management services, on-demand air charter transportation, and aircraft maintenance. The PlaneSense® program has been providing quality aviation services for over 26 years. We are now one of the leading aircraft fractional ownership providers with a fleet of over 45 turboprop and multi-engine turbojet aircraft. We seek additional in-house counsel with various skill sets and levels of experience for our Portsmouth, New Hampshire headquarters.
Job Responsibilities – Transactional and Contract Attorney
We currently have hundreds aircraft fractional share owners and lessees (“Participants”) whose ownership are coupled with an interest in aircraft management agreements. The duties of this attorney will include, among other things to:
- Provide prospective Participants with sample program agreements
- Explain program document provisions to prospective Participants and to their advisors
- Analyzing the stated use of the program aircraft by the Participants for compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations and with other applicable laws and regulations
- Draft and reviewing modifications of the program agreements and marketing materials
- Advising the Flight Department and other departments regarding regulatory compliance
- Work directly with the Sales and Marketing Team, and with Customer Account Managers to plan aircraft share sales strategies
- Assist in the identification, development and implementation of new or modified contract policy and processes that bring value to the company and to the Participants
- Drafting and negotiating aircraft purchase and sale agreements for the acquisition and sale of whole aircraft into and out of the aircraft fleet
- Drafting and negotiating whole aircraft management agreements
- Participate in OSHA documentation, plan development and compliance
- Coordinate with the Human resources Department and outside counsel, when necessary on employment matters
- Assist General Counsel on corporate governance and miscellaneous other matters
- Serve as corporate Secretary
- Perform duties as assigned
- Candidates must have a J.D. or L.L.B. degree from an ABA-approved, nationally respected law school, and a member of the Bar in a state of the United States
- Minimum of 2 years of aviation transactional experience as an attorney
- Ability to draft and modify complex, non-routine aviation-related contractual instruments
- General familiarity with the Federal Aviation Regulations and policies pertaining to private and commercial aircraft operations and registration
- Ability to reside and work in the United States; and willingness to work at corporate headquarters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Professional presentation, with good leadership and team-building skills
- Strong academic credentials with excellent oral and written communication skills
As the office location is on a secure airport, any offer of employment will be conditioned upon successfully completing pre-employment background, credit, reference and threat assessment checks.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.