PlaneSense, Inc. Seeks a General Counsel for Portsmouth, NH Headquarters
PlaneSense, Inc. and its affiliated companies located in Portsmouth, NH provide exceptional customer-centric aviation solutions in the dynamic general aircraft maintenance, management and flight services industry sector, most particularly through its PlaneSense® aircraft fractional ownership program. With more than 500 employees, these services are provided to customers throughout the United States, providing air transportation solutions throughout the northern hemisphere and Central America.
This is an opportunity for a candidate with experience as corporate counsel to join and lead this transportation company’s in-house legal team.
- Responsible for supervising the Company’s Deputy General Counsel and two paralegal assistants.
- Overseeing negotiation of complex customer aircraft fractional purchase agreements, whole aircraft purchase agreements, aircraft management and leasing agreements, vendor agreements including purchase and license agreements, procurement agreements, OEM agreements, marketing agreements and other types of contracts.
- Coordinating with the IT Department in creating a company-wide contract management system.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing use of outside counsel.
- Responsible for regulatory and compliance efforts, as well as provide solid risk analysis.
- Responsible for corporate governance for five affiliated business entities.
- Provide advice to the President/CEO and to various operational departments.
- Participation in the Executive Committee comprising all heads of departments and the President/CEO.
- Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (JD) or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a U.S. law school accredited by the American Bar Association, active admission to the Bar of a U.S. state, and the ability and willingness to become a member of the New Hampshire Bar.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the practice of law (law firm or as in-house counsel, or combination) in a specialized or concentrated area that is relevant to one or more of the roles to be fulfilled in representing the employer and its affiliates, particularly business entity structures, governance and risk management, of which at least two years must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to reside, enter and re-enter the United States, and work in the United States; and willingness to and ability to work at the corporate headquarters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Professional presentation, with good leadership and team-building skills.
- Experience working cooperatively with the sales team and other functional groups; customer service (internal and external) attitude.
- Strong communications, analytic and strategic thinking skills; strong collaboration and teaming skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work on a variety of legal and administrative matters.
- Experience with aviation legal and regulatory matters, or a working knowledge of aviation regulations preferred.
- Working knowledge of state and federal tax, real estate, zoning, environmental law (particularly noise laws and regulation), or land use a plus.
As the office location is on a secure airport, any offer of employment will be conditioned upon successfully completing pre-employment, background, credit, reference and threat assessment checks.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, age, disability or genetics or any other basis covered by applicable law. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.