Help Desk Technician
The IT Infrastructure Group mission is to work collaboratively with other departments and use technology as a force multiplier for the organization. We do not cut corners and we do not take the easy route. We encourage critical thinking, discussion, and an ongoing desire to improve. The Help Desk Technician reports to the Director of IT and is responsible for all aspects of end user computing including desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, printers, and related systems.
As the Help Desk Technician your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Respond to service tickets in a timely and professional manner.
- Accurately record work in the ticket system including work completed and root cause/categorization.
- Build, configure, and support computers, mobile devices, printers/copiers, and related peripherals.
- Install, support, and upgrade software applications deployed to end user computing devices.
- Build and deploy systems to new hires and perform scheduled system refreshes.
- Help identify and resolve all hardware and software technical problems that impact production services. Keeps affected users informed as to the status of the problem until resolution. May require after-hours or weekend work.
- Create knowledgebase articles for team members to aid in cross-training and consistency in work efforts.
- Participate in group discussions related to resolving common issues and escalate/collaborate with IT staff in other areas as necessary.
- Provide end-user training on proper techniques and procedures to effectively complete their work as it relates to information technology.
- Work with external vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
Ideal Candidates will have these Qualifications & Abilities:
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10 and 11, Apple macOS, iOS, and iPadOS.
- Excellent customer service skills both deskside and via phone/video conferencing.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Capacity to remain calm, considerate, and tactful in stressful and unanticipated situations.
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality in handling information.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities.
- Basic network troubleshooting, familiarity with Active Directory, NTFS Permissions, DNS, DHCP, and Print Servers.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Occasional paid travel between Portsmouth, NH and Boulder City, NV offices may be required.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods in office and aircraft hangar environments.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
Ideal Candidates will have the following Education and/or Work Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in Help Desk, Desktop Support, or similar roles.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Apple, or others a plus.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.