PlaneSense, Inc. and its affiliated companies located in Portsmouth, NH provide exceptional customer-centric aviation solutions in the dynamic general aircraft maintenance, management, and flight services industry, most particularly through its PlaneSense® aircraft fractional ownership program. With more than 500 employees, these services are provided to customers throughout the United States, providing air transportation and aircraft management throughout the northern hemisphere and Central America.
This is an opportunity for a candidate with experience as corporate counsel to join this transportation company’s in-house legal team, consisting of two attorneys and two paralegals.
- Negotiation of complex purchase, leasing, and service agreements for the Company’s products, OEM products and services, and other third-party agreements for procurement and licensing, marketing, etc.
- Regulatory compliance in the areas of privacy (internal and external), OFAC, and other relevant areas.
- Risk management.
- Corporate governance for multiple affiliated business entities.
- Banking and investment transactions.
- Interacting with and appearing before governmental agencies, boards, etc. (A working knowledge of state and federal tax, real estate, zoning, environmental law, or land use a plus).
- Creation and/or managing a company-wide document production and management system.
- Advising the President/CEO and other operational departments.
- Coordinating and overseeing use of outside counsel.
- Experience with aviation legal and regulatory matters, or a working knowledge of aviation regulations a plus.
- Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (JD) or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a U.S. law school accredited by the American Bar Association, active admission to the Bar of a U.S. state, and the ability and willingness to become a member of the New Hampshire Bar.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the practice of law in a supervisory capacity, at least five (5) years of which is in-house, and which is in one or more of the specialized or concentrated areas described above.
- Ability to reside, enter and re-enter the United States, and work in the United States; and willingness and ability to work full time at the corporate headquarters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work on a variety of legal and administrative matters.
As the office location is on a secure airport, any offer of employment will be conditioned upon successfully completing pre-employment, background, credit, reference and threat assessment checks.
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and cover letter. Applicants considered for interviews will be asked to also complete an application form.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, age, disability or genetics or any other basis covered by applicable law. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
When applying for this position using Chrome as your web browser will ensure the best experience in our Career Center.