Operational Support Specialist
PlaneSense, Inc., which manages and operates a fleet of Pilatus PC-12 & PC-24 aircraft on behalf of fractional share owners, seeks to hire a highly capable and self-motivated person for the full time the Operational Support Specialist role, which performs a complete spectrum of aviation-related Customer and Crew Service work within its Flight Operations Center (FOC).
The Primary function of the Operational Support Specialist (OSS) is to assure our flight schedule is accomplished with excellence. The OSS is responsible for following each assigned flight, providing all necessary support to the crews, and excellent customer service to our clientele. Specifically, that can include but is not limited to the following… all in an exciting and dynamic environment:
- Coordination with airports and FBOs
- Arranging ground transportation
- Coordinating changes to our flight schedule with crews and passengers
- Confirming trips with passengers
- Updating itineraries
- Working with crews and passengers to determine alternate options when weather interferes with planned routing
- Assuring all required documentation is correct
- Assigning rest and duty to crews
- Maintaining flight logs
Operational Support Specialist:
This position is designed for strategic growth for the selected candidates. Candidates should be highly capable and self-motivated to successfully manage a variety of aviation responsibilities in a fast pace and dynamic environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as principal coordinator for aircraft owners and flight crews ensuring their requests and all operational requirements are met and exceeded
- Proactively identifies, informs and resolves issues such as weather, airports, passenger loads, international operations with clientele and flight crews
- Continual FAA required flight tracking and knowledge of and attentiveness to flight schedule
- Provide logistical support to include hotels, transportation, vendor communication and catering
- Exceptional customer service experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn industry specific software imperative
- Outstanding oral and written skills expected
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate with team members in a highly dynamic environment
- Aviation or travel industry experience is preferred but not required
- Must be able to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- Individuals with an optimal outlook, who enjoy the unexpected are encouraged to apply
- Sunday – Wednesday 5:00 AM – 3:00 PM;
- Sunday – Wednesday 1:30 PM – 11:30 PM;
- Wednesday – Saturday 5:00 AM – 3:00 PM;
- Wednesday – Saturday 1:30 PM – 11:30 PM.
- Qualified candidates must be available to work any of these schedules.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.