PlaneSense, Inc. is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join its IT Department.
PlaneSense, Inc. with its affiliate companies provide aircraft fractional ownership management services, on-demand air charter transportation, and aircraft maintenance. The PlaneSense® program has been providing quality aviation services for over 26 years. We are now one of the leading aircraft fractional ownership providers with a fleet of over 45 turboprop and multi-engine turbojet aircraft.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining on-premises and cloud applications, servers, storage, and network equipment. The position reports to the Director of IT and will be expected to plan, install, configure, and manage all aspects of IT infrastructure to ensure reliable, secure, and cost-effective delivery of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain applications, servers, storage, and network solutions, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Proactively work to improve reliability, stability, and security of the cloud and on-premises environments.
- Perform troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Create and update documentation.
- Work with developers to deploy and maintain applications, including hardening and vulnerability remediation.
- Research and evaluate new hardware and software solutions.
- Experience with:
- Hypervisors like VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, or Citrix Hypervisor.
- HCI such as Nutanix, Dell/EMC VxRail, or VMware vSAN.
- VDI solutions such as VMware Horizon or Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Switching and routing vendors such as Cisco, HPE/Aruba, Juniper, or Dell.
- NGFWs such as Palo Alto or Fortinet.
- MDM solutions such as Jamf, Microsoft Intune, or VMware Workspace ONE.
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments such as AWS or Azure.
- Configuration of LDAP solutions like Microsoft Active Directory, Apple Open Directory, or ForgeRock OpenDJ.
- Configuration of SAML identity providers such as Okta, Duo, or RSA.
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions such as PRTG, Nagios XI, or WhatsUp Gold.
- Experience in an agile environment and working with tools such as Jira, Basecamp, or Trello.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- 8-10 years’ experience in IT systems administration or systems engineering roles.
- Certifications in Cisco, VMware, AWS, Azure, Jamf or others a plus.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
PlaneSense, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which actively encourages applications for employment from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, political ideology, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other applicable legally protected status. If you need reasonable accommodations to apply for any position, then please let us know.