Accounts Payable Specialist
PlaneSense, Inc., an aviation management company located in Portsmouth, NH is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist for its dynamic Accounting Department.
PlaneSense, Inc. manages one of the nation’s leading fractional programs and the largest civilian fleet of Pilatus PC-12 turboprops and PC-24 jets, all maintained through our sister company, Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc.
The Accounts Payable Specialist enters a high volume of invoices while verifying charges and authorizations, supports the weekly check run by gathering supporting documents and applying payment through multi-processing applications such as manual checks, wire transfers and ACH transactions. This position provides backup support for other Accounts Payable functions, as well as, communication with vendors and internal staff to answer questions and resolve payable issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enters invoices, reviews and post batches into GP
- Processes Supplemental Lift invoices and coordinates payments with vendors
- Gathers all document support for weekly check run
- Sets up online and electronic banking payments
- Communicates weekly payments to vendors and applies payments into GP
- Supports the monthly employee expense reports to be entered in GP
- Shares in creating, issuing and entering purchase orders to ensure payments per executed contracts
- Shares the daily processing of COB customer credit card payments
- Shares in the submission of daily check deposits for all affiliates
- Prepares reclass entries for Accounts Payable coding changes
- Responds to vendor and internal requests regarding payables
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is strongly preferred
- 5 years’ experience in accounts payable
- Knowledge in preparing and completing a weekly check run
- Experience in multi-processing payment application
- Solid understanding of accounting practices
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office
- Aviation or Flight Ops software experience a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and highly organization
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills