Document Administrator – Aviation
PlaneSense, Inc., is seeking a full-time Document Administrator to support the Inspection Department through the management of technical publications for its flight and maintenance operations. The Document Administrator is responsible for the document development process for all PlaneSense® and its affiliates’ operation manuals which includes editing, formatting, and distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist with writing and update of manuals.
- Review, edit and finalize all manuals for consistency, grammar, spelling and convert manuals to portable document format (pdf) as required.
- Format and distribute manuals in accordance with company and FAA policies and regulations in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the maintenance training department and other departments within the company to coordinate manual development and FAA compliance.
- Ensure all white Aircraft Flight Log pages are accounted for and archived with the aircraft records. In the case of a lost or destroyed original white aircraft logbook page, archive a copy in its place.
- Completing document maintenance procedures as defined in company manuals; including monitoring, retrieval and publishing of documents. This includes monitoring the revision status of documentation and subsequently updating that documentation published on company internet site/intranet site for the use in the maintenance, preventative maintenance and alteration of aircraft.
- Other duties assigned by the Chief Inspector.
- Minimum of 2 years Technical Publications experience or other related office administrative experience.
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (especially document and word processing software) and Adobe Systems.
- Aviation industry experience is not required, but certainly preferred.
PlaneSense, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.