PlaneSense, Inc., which manages and operates a fleet of Pilatus PC-12 & PC-24 aircraft on behalf of several hundred fractional share owners, seeks to hire a highly capable and self-motivated person for the Operational Support Specialist role that performs a complete spectrum of aviation-related Customer and Crew Service work within its Flight Operations Center (FOC).
The FOC manages over 40 aircraft and 150 pilots 24/7 to provide guaranteed on-demand service to its fractional share owners within the boundaries of Federal Aviation regulations, Air Traffic Control and ever-changing weather. The environment is a high-energy and dynamic atmosphere, especially during peak travel periods.
All inbound and outbound communications traffic passes via phone conversation or electronic mail and flights are organized electronically utilizing industry-specific computer software. 99% of the work done is by computer and phone in an open office setting.
The Primary function of the Operational Support Specialist (OSS) is to assure our flight schedule is accomplished with excellence and is designed for strategic growth. The OSS is responsible for following each assigned flight, providing all necessary support to the crews, and excellent customer service to our clientele.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as principal coordinator for aircraft owners and flight crews ensuring their requests and all operational requirements are met and exceeded
- Proactively identifies, informs and resolves issues such as weather, airports, passenger loads, international operations with clientele and flight crews
- Continual FAA required flight tracking and knowledge of and attentiveness to flight schedule
- Provide logistical support to include hotels, transportation, vendor communication and catering
These duties are achieved through many procedures and methods such as:
- Coordination with airports and FBOs
- Arranging ground transportation
- Coordinating changes to our flight schedule with crews and passengers
- Confirming trips with passengers
- Updating itineraries
- Working with crews and passengers to determine alternate options when weather interferes with planned routing
- Assuring all required documentation is correct
- Assigning rest and duty to crews
- Maintaining flight logs
- Exceptional customer service experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn industry specific software is imperative
- Outstanding oral and written skills expected
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate with team members in a highly dynamic environment
- Aviation or travel industry experience is preferred but not required
- Must be able to work holidays
- Individuals with an optimal outlook, who enjoy the unexpected are encouraged to apply
The current available work shift is: Wednesday-Saturday, 1:00 PM-11:30 PM