Pilot Benefits, Schedules, & Training
PlaneSense offers our pilots competitive salaries, many opportunities for career growth, and a rewarding, close-knit working environment.
Along with the company’s abundant benefits package of Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, Section 125, Flexible Spending Account and 401K the company offers additional benefits exclusively for pilots:
- Pilots retain all hotel points and airline miles
- Yearly FAA medical exam reimbursement
- Company paid Loss of FAA Medical Certification LTD Insurance
- Company paid enrollment in Yodice and Associates legal defense
- Cell phone allowance for both FOs and Captains
- Parking allowance
- Uniforms are provided by the company
- Per diem above industry standard
Part time: 8 days on/20 days off
Full time: 8 days on/6 days off
8 days on/6 days off
All full time positions:
- If you are on duty and not called to fly, you must simply be available in case you are needed.
- The schedule rarely changes, so you can plan as much as a year in advance.
- After completion of 1 year of flying service, pilots are awarded 1 cycle of annual vacation. After completion of 4 years of flying service, pilots are awarded 2 cycles of annual vacation. After completion of 13 years of flying service, pilots are awarded 3 cycles of annual vacation.
- There are 8 company holidays. If you are scheduled on a holiday, even if you don’t fly, you are paid holiday premiums.
- Pilots are allowed 4 sick days per year. Pilots may rollover 4 sick days per year for a maximum of 8 days, or be bought out.
PlaneSense prides itself with being progressive with all training methods including required recurrent training, which is done annually in Portsmouth, NH.
**Initial Ground School Candidates will be in ground school training at our Headquarters in Portsmouth, NH for 18 days of ground school which covers the following:
- Aircraft Systems
- Basic Indoctrination
- Company Manuals and Regulations
- IFR Operations
- Within 12 months of being hired, Captains complete Survival Training
** Three weeks prior to initial ground school candidates are emailed information regarding actual training itinerary.
Upon successful completion of Ground School, candidates are sent to Flight Safety International’s Simulator Training Center in Dallas, Texas for 9 days of full motion simulator training with the final check ride in a PC-12NG Level D simulator on day 9.
All hotel accommodations, air fare and transportation expenses are paid in full by PlaneSense. Direct Entry Captains are on payroll and paid per diem Day One of initial training. First Officer candidates receive training stipends throughout their initial training.