PlaneSense, Inc., an aviation management company located in Portsmouth, NH, is seeking a full time Senior Accountant for its dynamic accounting department.
The Senior Accountant will have full month end close responsibilities and consolidate monthly Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements for all companies. The Senior Accountant’s duties include developing and maintaining necessary forecast and compliance schedules as well as other financial reporting as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares weekly cash summary report
- Supports the daily cash account reconciliation and monthly bank accounts
- Reviews monthly fixed asset depreciation transactions.
- Reviews asset, liability, revenue, and analyzing account information (monthly audit binders)
- Prepares financial schedules for all companies and prepare consolidated financial statements
- Perform variance analysis to compare current data to prior periods and evaluate forecast and budget accuracy
- Develop the budget, maintain the monthly forecast, and monitor bank compliance (DSCR, liquidity & leverage)
- Training and Mentoring of GL accountant in developing financial models to help with monthly forecast analysis
- Lead in the Interim and YE audit by providing schedules and being primary contact with auditors
- Work with Financial Controller and CFO to respond to financial inquiries and special projects as needed.
- Administrative support in Corridor and Great Plains Software
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
- CPA preferred
- 5 years prior experience in accounting
- General Ledger and financial reporting and financial analysis experience
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Great Plains experience preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and Strong interpersonal skills required
- Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment