Avionics Technician – Nevada
Atlas Aircraft Center in Boulder City, Nevada is seeking an experienced Avionics Technician, responsible for the installation and testing of aircraft electronics equipment and systems of a large and growing Pilatus fleet for the PlaneSense® program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Testing of avionics system wiring harness, and the disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interior and instrument panels.
- Aircraft database uploading and fault file downloading.
The work environment consists of an air-conditioned hangar, with occasional outdoor work. The schedule will consist of day shifts only at this time, but the Avionics Technician must have the availability to work occasional nights and weekends when needed. On the job training is provided by our experienced staff.
Training provided by Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. consists of extensive initial training to become familiar with both the AAC and the PlaneSense program. AAC technicians attend factory training with Pilatus, ongoing education through FAA-sponsored classes, component instruction, continuous on-the-job training, and more!
- 3 years’ experience in General and/or Corporate Aviation Avionics. (Military or airline experience will be considered.)
- Possess excellent troubleshooting skills in modern turbine powered aircraft.
- Ability to comprehend and read wiring diagrams and other installation technical data.
- Pitot/static experience preferred.
- Airframe and Power Plant certificate preferred.
- Excellent computer skills – Ability to utilize specialized computer programs to interpret system failures and diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Own and maintain sufficient hand tools to perform duties efficiently and effectively
- Ability to live and work in the United States without any restrictions
- Valid state driver’s license
- Carries or has the ability to possess a valid U.S. Passport for training purposes
- Willing and able to work different shifts consisting of days, evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Federal law requires Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. to acquire an applicant’s history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive role
PlaneSense, Inc. / Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. provides a clean work environment, excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlaneSense, Inc. / Atlas Aircraft Center, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.